January 14, 2011

(Really Super Late) Christmas Recap

I was initially joking when I said that the reindeer were going to help me with my Christmas decorating. Turns out...they did!

I've had these cute little felt deer gift bags for years and every Christmas I forget I have them! (No offense, guys). Finally, I got in touch with my Norwegian roots and strung them on some twine at the end of my bed.

I had really wanted to get something woodsy to put inside of them, but I couldn't find anything fake at a thrift store (and my cat, who is full of demons, would eat anything real). Maybe next year.

I also decided to try my hand at making a children paper chain. And by "children," I mean "Grinch." Same thing, right? I put them up at the end of our hallway (from which we also hung paper snowflakes and a string of white lights). At the very end under the mirror, we have a chalkboard that various family members take turns leaving messages and quotes on. This one...is obviously mine.


Merry (way too late) Christmas! Happy New Year! And on to Valentine's Day!

No comments: